06 April, 2009

Kung Fu Panda: Opening Sequence


Kung Fu Panda is one of my favorite animated features. The story was great, I laughed many times while watching (Thanks Jack Black), and the animation was impressive. I could only imagine trying animate the timing for many of the fighting sequences of some of the characters, from what I hear, I heard that was the most challenging. Well done. The part that caught my attention however, was the opening sequence which was primarily 2D animation. The look and feel of this portion of the film was unique, expressive, wimsical in nature and simply awesome.

I've hunted for a clip that I can post on my blog and found one on Google Video. The animated intro usually comes up in my animation classes and so posting it here would serve as future reference. To view this clip, click any of the pictures or the link here.

Enjoy and learn grasshoppers!





No comments:

Post a Comment