06 April, 2010

Zombieland: Art of the Title Sequence



I frequent the "Art of the Title Sequence" website often because it features cutting edge title sequences. I'm often drawn to these because of their simplicity, creativity and for the emotional connection they have to achieve with the viewer in such a short amount of time.


In many of these, the sequence is not so straight forward, they are conceptual, and usually display thoughtful designs and compositions. I watch out for unique typographic solutions that integrate CG elements and great timing. To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't written a blogpost about this site, I can't say enough about it.

If you are inspired by movie title sequences, be sure to check it out, you'll see interviews, alternative solutions, storyboards, artwork and production stills so you can see how the sequences were made. Not only that, but you also get to see a high resolution copy oactual title sequence from the movie...a great learning opportunity.

Be sure to check to check out the current title sequence from "Zombieland".

Rule Number 1 in a Zombie Apocolypse: "Cardio".

Enjoy and Fire it Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment